October 15, 2009

Apel of My Eye

I love this woman. I love sharing with her. Life. Moments. Milkshakes.




This is a picture from our wedding day (I would say night as it was after 11pm here, but that just makes it awkward). Yep. We went to Whataburger. We were starving. (ADVICE: Either make it a point to eat at your wedding and ignore some guests OR just eat after the reception.)

We were so hungry that we decided that it would be satisfying and probably even a little cool to go into Whataburger in wedding dress and tux and get some world famous breakfast taquitos. And it was. The cashier, a little caught off guard, even gave us our meal for free after confirming that we had actually just gotten married. (ADVICE: If you do decide to just eat after the reception, go in full wedding attire to your favorate spot and see what happens... could be free and you'll get a lot of looks!)

Fortunately for us, God sovereignly brought Kirby's uncle to the same Whataburger wielding a couple cousins and A CAMERA. I feel like we sort of ruined the magic for boys, though. I mean we had just left minutes ago, running through sparklers, driving a highly decorated Escalade, off to Honeymoonland only to be sited at the local Whataburger. I'm sure it was like seeing the man formerly known as Mickey Mouse, mouse head detached, taking a smoke break at the Happiest Place on Earth.

But these are some of my favorite pics from that day. These are some of my favorite moments in life. The ordinary. There are so many exciting times and special days in our life, but at the end of it all, I love my wife. I love my kids. I love my family. I love my church. I love the God who gave us all of these perfect gifts.

To enjoy.

To share.


6 comments:

Brettney said...

love this. its so sweet. you are a beautiful couple

Ryan and Cate Shipley said...

love you two.....thanks for sharing sweet memories, charlie.

J said...

So, so sweet :)

JJB said...

So precious! I love these photos! Thank you for sharing!

Lambards said...

How funny! Wes and I went to McDonalds after our wedding!! HA HA! We went through the drive through though.. I had to get home and get to bed... kind of a lazy dazy!

Rachel said...

I too love those pics, priceless!!!